Greater Ennis United Way works hand-in-hand with community leaders, local businesses, city officials, individuals, nonprofits and other organizations to address complex challenges facing our community. Our partners contribute more than money. Their ideas, volunteer power, in-kind support and more are helping build a stronger Ennis.
Through your support Greater Ennis United Way funds 12 agencies:
- Have a mission and programs that address current and clearly identified needs or issues found in the Greater Ennis area.
- Be performing a real and worthwhile service to the residents of Ennis, Ennis ISD, zip code area 75119 & 75120 for at least two years.
- Have programs that do not duplicate existent services within the Greater Ennis service area.
- Conduct its business without discrimination in terms of program service, staff, and Board of Directors.
- Have a history of significant volunteer involvement and a history of active of active support by the public through financial contributions.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with other human service providers in the community.
- Meet reasonable standards of financial and budgetary responsibility as is required of current United Way agencies.
- In its operation, must be achieving reasonable standards in program effectiveness, accessibility, and responsiveness to community needs and clients.
- Have an active, well-functioning, and diverse Board of Directors.
- Have diversified funding sources, including public fund-raising.
- Be able to demonstrate administrative efficiency and accountability.
- Be able to demonstrate financial stability, viability, and accountability.
- Agree to meet all United Way affiliation requirements, including: use of signage/logos, conducting an internal UW campaign among Board and staff members, assistance with UW community campaign, and adherence to fund-raising restrictions.